The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word meaning: sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome (which I’m pleasantly surprised to find that people think I am).
Big thank you to my fellow Mainer Chick, Tracie of http://livinginmaine.wordpress.com/for nominating me.
One of the requirements for having received this award is to reveal eleven random facts about yourself. Really? I’m not sure anyone would want to know that much about me…but OK. Here goes:
1. I crochet…yep my grandmother taught me and when I gave up smoking, that’s what I did with my hands in order to not light up. I haven’t bought a single blanket for over twenty years…I make my own.
2. From Maine…and I don’t like lobster, blueberries or maple anything.
3. I’ve never owned a brand new car…junkers or fix-er-uppers have always been parked in my driveway. Although I do hang a brand new car smell air freshener on the mirror from time to time just so I can fantasize about what a new car would smell like.
4. Soft bellies make great trampolines for grandbabies…thank god I didn’t exercise to get rid of mine.
5. I sometimes forget to fasten my seatbelt…my son is my seatbelt watchdog.
6. I don’t shower everyday…days off are for scumming around.
7. I leave my Christmas tree lights up all year-long.
8. I don’t wear a watch…if it’s dark, I go to bed, if it’s daylight I get up.
9. I can’t wear any type of jewelry…a guy would definitely have to get creative when gift-buying for me.
10. I’ve only had one dog in my life…and will likely never have another.
11. I dislike driving…I’m too easily distracted.
Another requirement was to answer questions from the person who nominated me.
Tracie’s questions for me:
1. How did you start blogging?
I began blogging over six years ago on various sites as a way to express myself and to interact with other writers and bloggers.
2. Do/Did you keep a journal/diary before blogging or still do?
I began keeping a diary when I was a teenager and found myself crushing on the neighbor boy. I didn’t want to talk to anyone about my feelings so I jotted them in a diary. I no longer keep a diary, but I do always have a notebook and pen with me so I can jot down story or blog ideas when inspiration hits me.
3. Name a blogger you’d like to meet in person.
Mainer Chick, Tracie and any other Mainers that blog here. We could all meet up and have our own writer’s conference…including drinks and dinner.
4. Your favorite cartoon from childhood & why?
Josie and the Pussycats…who doesn’t want to play in a super cool rock band, wear leopard leotards and have hot guys hanging on your every word?
5. What’s your favorite holiday & why?
Christmas…because everyone is full of holiday good will and love. It’s a time for family and friends to come together and thank our Lord for seeing us through another year.
6. Where’s the furthest you’ve traveled?
The Grand Canyon. It had always been at the top of my to-do list and I’m thankful I got to see it.
I also had to award several other bloggers that I think have great blogs, but have under 200 followers. Some of my nominees have a little over that amount, but because I enjoy creeping their blogs I included them.
And the nominees for my Liebster Blogger awards go to………
John Macdonald http://johndwmacdonald.com/
Reflections by Doc Arnett http://docarnett.wordpress.com/
David Bennedup http://davidbennedup.wordpress.com/
C.L. Quigley http://gunslingerpoet.wordpress.com/about/
Brice Maiurro http://flashlightcityblues.com/
John the Aussie http://sleepinginsomniacs.wordpress.com/
I’m a poetry junkie so I’ve included several poetry bloggers. Even if you think you’re not into poetry, you might surprise yourself after reading some of these blogs.
Now because I’ve included these bloggers for this prestigious award, they will be forced to answer 11 random and maybe even embarrassing questions.
1) For the guys: Boxers or Briefs? Ladies: Thongs or granny panties?
2) Favorite T.V. show or movie?
3) So what does an atheist believe in?
4) When you meet someone you went to high school with and they ask, “Remember me?” Do you: a)pretend to know them b)blatantly ask “who the hell are you again” c)patiently wait for them to remind you of all the other kids you might know and hope to hell those clues give you some kind of clue as to who that person is d) say to them “high school was the pits” and wait for them to walk away
5) Do you tell a parent with an ugly baby that their child is adorable or do you not say anything at all?
6) Christmas shopping at the mall or online?
7) Do you still celebrate your birthday?
8) Do you really listen to your parents or grandparents when they give you advice or do you just nod and smile?
9) Cats or dogs and why?
10) How do you like to spend the evening after a long day at work?
11) Where’s your ideal vacation spot?
Whew…glad that’s done! Now here are the rules for you guys:
1. Thank and link back to the person who presented you with the award. Add the award logo to your blog.
2. Answer the eleven questions posted for the nominees.